The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-13-2021, 08:41 PM   #1
pappy 2

fedup need to vent

After 2yrs and several months of dealing with another unprofessional vender, I am not yet satisfied with an answer to my front alignment issues on 71 C-10 build. I used all front end components from 1 vendor, 2.5 in drop spindles, 2 in. drop springs, upper and lower control arms, and shock relocators. I started with the spindles, the springs and the upper control arms, and had the usual problem with the centering of front wheels in the wheel wells. So did the cross arm mod. on OEM lower control arm, (as seen on this form) and that solved that problem. However had sever negative camber (top of wheels tilted out)
Now bear in mind the truck at this stage was only the frame, no engine or cab fenders, no sheet metal at all. At this time was told by vender needed to LOAD front end and drive to settle everything in place, sounded reasonable. After several months engine was installed along with other other parts to make a truck. No change was happening as far as the camber situation. Spoke to vendor again, said wait until it is driven. Months go by, mount cab doors fenders and other parts to make drivable. Finally snuck around neighborhood driving truck to allow EFI to learn and to settle front end. No change to speak of. Spoke to Vendor again, now says will probably need to install their lower control arm. $500+ later no change on camber issue and now left wheel is no longer centered in wheel well. Contacted vendor again, now says have to purchase special spacers ($60+) and grind clearance on cross member and with a proper alignment everything will be good. I am not real comfortable grinding clearance on a crossmember that holds engine and front of truck together. None of this was mentioned in any instructions with the parts I had purchased from them.
If anyone that has taken the time to read my rant, had similar issues, please respond with what it was you did to rectify your problem
THANKS
pappy 2 is offline   Reply With Quote