The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-22-2004, 02:18 AM   #1
RON WOODGEARD
Resident Young Old Dude !

Alexis,,,,

Or any other real stereo installers, troubleshooters.

I'm setting my stereo back up, It's all new, Alpine 9805, a Pyramid Electronic Crossover ( I know that's not a good one) 2-8" Subs, ( Rockford fosgates) 2-Infinity Tweeters, 4-4" Pyramid Mid ranges, 2- 6 1/2" Blaunkpunkt speakers, and I don't have the 6X9" for the doors yet, but they will be there also...

Ok, none of this really has to do with my question

What does ?????,,,,, Every since I bought this dang truck, I have had a electronic interference problem, Now I'm not Ignorant about most installs , But I guess I am with This thing...

I argued one day for ten minutes with a tech. (yea right) at Crutchfield. This Kid told me the interference I was explaining was from the Alternator, I informed him I didn't believe it was, AS the Alternator was not turning and was disconnected....
He insisted that was the problem..

The Interference has something to do with the Ignition, When the engine is running, You can hear the revs, through the Speakers..

OK, Here's what I have done, I have ran numerous Filters, Including a BIG red filter a guy at a CB store sold me,inline with the Alternator. (There's that alternator thing again) I had one installer tell me it was my HEI distributor... I took it out and went Points, ( I have since then went with Pertronic ignition ) I have changed Plug wires, I am now running Accel 8.8 MM race wire, ( the Suppressor ones) I run suppression Plugs....
My stereo is hot wired to the Battery,.. ( along with all other stereo accessories )The ground is grounded to the body within 12" I am also running a Ground strap from the engine to the frame, to the body..

OH yea. If you are talking on a Cordless phone in the truck,( one that comes from the house, I said Cordless, Not Cell ) it also comes through it.... Now if I remember my stereo install basics, That Interference is emitting from the Ant.... I have gotten rid of the stock Mast antenna, and am going to a Powered Hidden,,,, How the heck do I get rid of THE NOISE ????????

If you need any other info, just ask.. I swore when I put it back on the road I was going to be able to listen to Sounds other then Exhaust, Cam Gear drive, and road noise..

AND,,,,,It's getting closer !!!!
RON WOODGEARD is offline   Reply With Quote