The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-31-2022, 08:04 PM   #1
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Stumped on stance

Today I tightened up my cab mounts for permanent. This is the first I measured from the floor and ceiling to the cab in places, such as the rocker, bolt holes and gutter, and the LH cab sits about a 1/2" lower than the RH side. I checked the floor, it's mostly level. All hardware and torque settings match side to side.

To add to the mystery, a level on the cab side to side is good, everything is spot on or ever so much leaning to the LH side.

And to add more to the mystery, the bed is level, but I had to shim its front LH corner 1/8th" to match the cab body line, while the RH front corner was raised just a 1/16th. The opposite a guy would expect, because the RH cab sits higher.

Has anyone noticed anything like that before? I know GMs stuff wasn't perfect, but 1/2" off yet mostly level, what the?
Attached Images

71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assembly kit for restoring the (a) truck from the ground up. My build thread, and more on the assembly kit https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote