The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-09-2022, 07:40 PM   #7
Rickysnickers

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

"Another trip to the DMV. More disappointments. Left aggravated, again.

I bought the 91 and registered it last Nov and never received a title. I asked DMV about it and was told to call the state office. First thing in the morning I called and was on hold for almost 20 minutes, gave up and tried their website and did a title status check. It shows my title was printed Dec 9th, so where is it? Today I went to the local office and showed them what I found. She called the state office and was also on hold for over 10 minutes, finally someone answered and she said my new title had been returned undeliverable. Great! I have been having mail delivery issues for a good while now. That's a whole other problem with the postal service.
The state will not mail the title again by certified or other. I have to go there to pick it up personally.
So while I was there.
We bought the 69 pkup through a friend in 1995 and pitched the title envelope in a drawer to register it once road ready. Well all these many years have gone by. It's still not road ready but I want to at least get the title in our name now so if I expire before the wife she won't have any issue selling it, like this. We have the title but the DMV also wants a Bill of Sale that we don't have and the old woman owner has long since passed.
Now what?"

I can't speak to your state, but if you have the title in hand, then you are the de facto owner. Did the lady sign the back of the title, or is there a place for her to sign? If she signed it, then it should be a non issue. I'd go back and see what the clerk says. Tell them exactly what you stated here. If they give you grief, then ask for a supervisor. It was my experience, in CA, that most of the clerks knew very little of what the Vehicle Code actually stated.
Rickysnickers is offline   Reply With Quote