The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-27-2004, 06:03 PM   #1
jmanz69
Careful, they attack...

May be selling everything, maybe...

After a long discussion with my wife and some serious thinking, I've semi decided to start selling my project. I have a ton of parts, not all in real good shape, but most are salvageable. I tried not to keep anything I couldn't fix. I just don't have the time or money to get this thing back on the road. I started it because it was my high school hot rod, and I also drove it everyday to college. As I started taking it apart, I realized I should have started with a more solid base. It was a complete mess. The cab was beyond repair, the frame was rotted, the fenders were toast and the doors were trash. The bedsides may be able to be used, and the rear fenders could possibly be repaired. So, I bought 2 cabs to repair to make one, I bought a new frame with discs and 72 BB motor mounts already powdercoated, I bought some repairable front fenders and so on and so on. What I have now is not my old trusty truck, it's a pile of parts I call "frankentruck". Some are ready to go, some are in repair, and some are still waiting. I don't have any time to put into it and it's taking up my whole garage, I have no money to pay someone else to work on it, and my bodywork abilities are weak at best. I had great ambitions, but little skill. This leads me to where I am now. Do I sell it and wait for a new project, or do I keep plugging away knowing full well it will most likely never be back on the road? My wife told me to wait a while. I'm going to Mexico for a week and a half and she said to wait til I get back to make a decision about it. She would really like to be able to park in the garage, but she also knows how much I enjoy working on it. She can see the frustration building as I work like crazy and get no where. I want to know what you guys think. I know most of you will say "keep it, don't sell it", but be honest.

jmanz69
jmanz69 is offline   Reply With Quote