The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-2022, 11:24 AM   #1
dhunt00c

Brake Hose Debaucle

OK, Need some guidance. I'll try and be brief.

My truck is a 68 Short Stepside - power nothing from factory.

Years ago, installed CPP disc brake conversion kit and ran with basic original non-power master cylinder. At that time, also installed new stainless steel brake lines. All good.

Fast forward, I'm working on rest of my build and installing new power brake booster, had an issue with one of the CPP calipers during bleeding and had to replace.

1) Ended up buying 2 new calipers for 72 Chevy truck. The hoses I had from CPP kit would not work as they had a smaller diameter at the banjo fitting.

2) Bought 2 new 72 Chevy truck brake hoses. Banjo diameter problem solved and drivers side hose worked fine, but the passenger side hose has a larger diameter fitting that connects to the hard brake line so the passenger side won't fit. Verified that the DL and PSGR side brake lines have a different fitting.

Anyone experienced this? Do i need a fitting that converts the small hard line to the larger flex line fitting? New/Different stainless cross line?

Right now I hooked it up with 2 drivers side hoses, but I don't feel comfortable with it being "rigged" like that when it's the braking system, plus it doesn't bend correctly.

Any help is much appreciated! I've done these brakes like 3 times over! I want to get it done right, once and for all.

Thanks!
dhunt00c is offline   Reply With Quote