The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-29-2004, 10:23 AM   #1
SameRiverTwice

I have stuff that I want to give away!* [56k stay away]

I have a proposal for anyone that's working on a 67-72 chevy truck that's looking for a collection of parts to finish putting one together.

I've been working on my project truck (ultimately will be a 72) for some time now, and have collected a bunch of extra parts that I could probably sell, but don't really want to spend the time needed. I also just purchased the cab and front clip that I will be using to complete this truck.

The cab and front clip are located in Terrell, TX - I, however, am located in Dacula, GA (halfway between Athens and Atlanta).

My proposal is this: I would like someone to pick up my stuff in Texas and bring it to me in Georgia. It's about 790 miles, and will require a trailer (I can't help but hum 'East bound and down' to myself as I type this out). As a show of appreciation, I will be glad to hand over all or whatever you'd like of the following parts:

1969 Fleet side bed, sans tailgate. This bed needs a little body work on a gash on the passenger side, but is by no means unusable. The bottom of the bed is in pretty good shape and is metal.

1972 rolling frame w/ what I think is a 327 block (don't know if this motor can be built, looks rough) with what appears to be a three-on-the-tree tranny that was converted to a three on the floor jobby at one point. This, I would imagine, still works. The rear end is intact on this frame as well.

2 cabs, 1 1969 model and 1 1972 model. Both of these have significant floorpan rust, but I can probably throw a set of replacement floorpans in if you're interested. The 1969 model has a windshield in it that's got some cracks but doesn't leak. Neither have intact back windows (I'm keeping the sliding-rear from the 69, the one in the 72 is ruined).

2 sets of fenders and wheel wells, some rust.

1 pretty decent 69 grill.

1 granny four speed tranny. Don't know if this works.

1 transfer case that I *think* is an NP-203. I can verify this if needed, but again - I do not know the functional status of this part.

Here are some pictures of this stuff:

Here's the frame that I want someone to have. It's got what I'm pretty sure is a 327 block on it, but the valve covers have been off for some time and it's been exposed to the rain. It's not looking too swift. It does boast four tires that hold air, and the front two are new. Also included are the five-lug disk brakes.

Here's that three on the tree tranny that someone converted to a floor shifted three speed.

Another shot of that motor, with the original ram horn headers. I've come to realize that these aren't as rare as I was told initially, but hey... they're original!

Rear-end action.

Fleet side bed. You can see the gash there in the passenger side - otherwise, it's in pretty good shape. Water has not been sitting in it.

Cab number 1. These floorpans are pretty rusted, but I've already started patching them up there on the passenger side. Not in the best of shape, but it DOES come with a instrument cluster, radio, and climate control panel.

Another shot. I'm keeping the door and clutch petal, but I'll throw in a good behind-the-seat fuel tank.

More... Once again, door stays.

Front fenders and wheel wells...some rust, but overall not too bad.

More fenders - look! Original Custom 10 emblem. Worth the trip to Texas and Georgia!

More fenders.

Cab number two. This one is in better shape, but the rocker panels are pretty bad. I'll throw in the floorpans and inner/outer rockers and front cab corners that I've got.

If anyone's interested, feel free to send me a PM to Paceonthemove at aol, or radaronscreen on yahoo. I'm looking at making this happen sooner rather than later, so if you want this stuff let me know!
SameRiverTwice is offline   Reply With Quote