The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-20-2022, 11:04 PM   #11
60short
Revitalizing a 6T C10

Re: Post your 60-66 craigslist finds

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwcarpenter98 View Post
That's a good deal for that transmission! I would buy that in a heart beat if it was close by

Yes, the 4 bolt side cover overdrive transmissions are the same length as the long tail shaft 3 speeds. I have two of the overdrive transmissions. The one currently in my truck came out of a 65 C10. I forget the count, but it has finer splines on the output shaft than the standard 3 speed I pulled out of my truck. The other overdrive that I have has the same spline count as the old 3 speed I pulled out.
I believe the output shaft spline count ran from 55-64 and then changed in 65. Another difference I noticed is that the input shaft necked down on my 55-64 overdrive trans but did not neck down on the 65 I put in the truck.
I was hoping you would chime in, you have most of the knowledge ive seen here on these beasts, ...

Ive sent him an email, Im in the middle of trying to sort a transmission swap, but $50 is $50, and probably worth the risk
20+ year long term project in process
Lots of Rust, more memories...
60short is offline   Reply With Quote