The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-26-2022, 04:21 PM   #1
traut811

Question Tilting bed floor?

Good afternoon.

I would like to build a tilting bed floor for my '67 C10 SWB.
I am using oak barnwood so am hoping the frame itself can be made out of 1" square tube or so. My plan is to use a set of spare Ringbrothers billet trunk hinges and basically lift up the center boards that lie between the wheel tubs. I will have to notch and box where cut in the bedwood cross braces to clear the tilting frame which is not a big deal. This will give me access to my Boyd tank, suspension, and taillight fuel filler setup. I will also need to latch this down somehow.

I am open to making my own or buying a kit to do this if it's what I'm after. Has anyone on here done anything similar, and can you offer any pictures, comments, or advice if so?

I think I will have to hold the stainless bed strips to both outside edges of the tilted bed portion, so basically the strips lay back down in the slots and look unnoticeable when folded down. It should look clean this way and surely I can come up with a way to hold the boards from the bottom as well.

Thanks in advance, I haven't had much luck finding much otherwise.
traut811 is offline   Reply With Quote