The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-07-2022, 05:09 PM   #1
Dieselfume

New to me 87 c10. Some questions

Hi all,

After of months of searching, I've settled on this clean 86 c10 that is an original Texas truck

1- the 305 has been changed over to a carbed vortec 350 with edelbrock carb. I have the original carb, but I'm unsure if the factory wiring and ecm are functional. Can the electronic q jet be run with out the electronics? I prefer the performance and mpg of the qjet.

Associated with this question, the factory cruise is there, but unhooked. Does this operate through the computer as well? Or can I supply vacuum to it and let it do its thing? It has a bunch of wires running to it.

2-does the th350c transmission lockup function work without the ecm on these pickups? Not sure if it's working or not yet.

3- I'm looking at led headlights for it as there are alot of deer in my area, and I drive alot of miles. Most of the LED replacements have a high and low beam built into each bulb. I'm concerned that won't work for thus rig since 2 lights come on for low, and 4 for high. What have you guys had good luck with?

4- paint. It's good, zero rust. But the passenger door is starting to fade faster than the rest of the body. When I rub on it a little I get color on my hand. Should I cut/ buff and wax? Or just wax? Or do nothing at all?

Thanks! I'm sure I'll have more questions to come
Attached Images

Last edited by Dieselfume; 05-07-2022 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Truck is an 86 c10, not 87
Dieselfume is offline   Reply With Quote