The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-02-2002, 12:52 PM   #1
Desert Rat

Post What have you done thats really sucked!!!

heres a couple i remember well
1.at night swapping distributors in truck in the rain,using a small maglight held in my mouth and dropping the clamp bolt down the dist hole that sucked,needed truck for next morning.

picture this one 283 all clean and painted on garage floor, awaiting to go into the 62 Chevy-hadnt bolted the Performer on yet,carrying a bag of kitty litter lifted up over motor and bottom of bag blew out,all kitty litter YES into the motor,i was so pissed i kicked that MutherTruckin motor over,never made it into the 62 i sold it as a package deal with a few other 283's i had.

3.Sitting in parking lot at Goodwill truck wouldnt start,or do anything,at night.i tried everything called my dad for advise,nothing worked,got pissed slammed the shifter handle on column,one last try IT STARTS!!!!wasnt in park all the way!!!!I felt like a FOOL(Never admitted the problem)hope your not reading this dad!!

4.Had a 70 Short Step with 327 2bbl.ran like a top,but i wanted a 4bbl,Dad said dont screw with it well i bolted on that 4bbl intake and Holley-it never ran good again!!!!HE will still say-I told you so!!!Never ran good again,got poor mileage,i was always under the hood and so was he(listen to your father-sometimes he does know best)

5.Was mad at wife one time got in my 80 Dodge Mirada reved that slant6 as high as i could threw it in reverse(hoping to squeal tires)BANG killed tranny,than got pissed got out and threw a brick at the windhield!!!Gained nothing-but i was only 18-19 ive learned alot in last 11 years,dont take anger out on something that hits your pocketbook,and listen to your parents chances are theyve been there before!!!!

Ive done countless other things some i cant remember,some i chose not to,or to dumbassed to share.

Oh how about the one where my wife and i were playing with the new digi cam,taking some x rated ones,and i sent the wrong picture to a fellow board member,it wasnt the part picture requested,but definently a shocker-suprised that one hasnt surfaced!!!or has it???probably deleted it as soon as he opened probably illegal in his parts!!!LOL
Desert Rat is offline   Reply With Quote