The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-12-2022, 12:46 PM   #1
CAMAROBOY68SS

Truck/Blazer Console questions on Repair and Repops

I have searched the forums and google and really havent found the answers I have been looking for.

I am in the process of putting together the 69-72 style buckets for my 68 C10. I picked up a console that is in pretty good shape minus a huge hole in the side near the rear on the upper piece where it meets the lower. I have seen repair threads and videos for smaller holes and cracks but nothing for a large chunk missing. Has anyone made a patch to fix a missing chunk? I know I am gonna have the texture issues, but this is really the only thing really wrong with it and it should be saveable, jut at a loss on how best to repair it.

With that chunk having me buffalo'd, while searching I looked at the seatbelt buckle style reproduction consoles and pondered those with how crazy expensive originals are going for now. Pic is of what online ads show. I cant seem to find a picture of this style in actual use. The main concern I have is if the top area is the same size so you could add all the trim to make it look more presentable than a block of plastic.
Attached Images

C10 Build Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=833278

The "Others"
1933 Ford Pickup (Camaro in disguise)
2017 Camaro SS

Life long Chevy guy
CAMAROBOY68SS is offline   Reply With Quote