The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-13-2022, 09:05 AM   #1
MARKDTN

I finally got a truck!

Well, I finally own a 67-72. It’s been a long time coming. I have had an ’83 K20 for just over 30 years but have wanted a 69-70 especially since I was in high school in the ‘80s. I found this ’71 LWB that was wrecked in ’93 and has been sitting since. It is pretty plain with a 307/TH350 and gauges. No power steering or brakes. It is missing the steering box which I will find and an exhaust manifold which I have. It needs floor, both rockers, and the left cab corner. The cab is decent above the bottom so I think it’s fixable. Need a right front fender and a patch for the left. Needs a grille, and I may find a ’69-70 grille since that is what I really want. Right door that is on it is gone in the bottom inside but there is another door with it that can be fixed. Bed is pretty rough, lots of rust in the front and it has had a plate welded in so I’m sure there are other issues. Tailgate is rusty, but surprisingly works pretty well. My plans are to maybe get it running, but I want to put this on a late Suburban frame so I don’t want to do a lot to the chassis and just sell it rolling. As far as I can tell the frame is pretty nice, no big rust or pitting. It is a coil spring truck. I am in it pretty decent money wise, so trying to figure out if this is the one to fix or if I should flip it/part it and find something nicer. (not an offer to sell, just asking if I should dig in or keep looking) Thanks!
Attached Images

'07 Tahoe(Son driving)
'14 Suburban-DD
'71 C10-current project
MARKDTN is offline   Reply With Quote