The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-24-2022, 09:37 PM   #1
MrBubbles

Rust on back wall of cab?

Hello all,

Been lurking for quite some time and I've been eying up a 52 3 window truck for sale locally and had a question about rust on the back wall of the cab.

I'm well aware of the typical areas for rust to form but in all the build threads I've looked through over the years I couldn't seem to find one where there was rust in the middle of the back wall of the cab.

I'm adding a picture for reference, this is NOT of the actual truck (I didn't grab a picture when I looked at it originally for whatever reason). In the attached picture, I circled the area that there is a rust hole on the back cab wall. It starts over the middle rear wall support and covers an area of about 3-4 inches towards the passenger side.

This just seems like a very odd place to have a rust through hole (swiss cheese looking). The cab itself had been sandblasted and apart from the floor, cab corners, and some rust on the lower front fenders/cowls the rest is solid. No rust along the belt line, window channels, dash, etc.

Any idea why a cab would rust there? Any specific challenges you could see in repairing that area? Would that give reason to walk away from even considering it?

Thanks for your thoughts!
Attached Images

MrBubbles is offline   Reply With Quote