The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-26-2022, 10:11 PM   #1
Ironhorse

VIN Frame Numbers ?

Have a question I am asking for a friend who is looking at buying a " 1967 factory shortbed 4x4" that is purported to be an original and unmolested frame. He has pictures of the partial VIN number above the driver's side frame near the steering gear box. Nice, plain and well stamped. Another picture sent to him is of the frame numbers on driver's side beneath the cab which the cab is long gone. These numbers are rusty and pitted and hard to read but do not seem to match at all? This is a frame, running gear and engine only offering. Found on Facebook Marketplace and out of state by a fair distance. Trying to keep him from buying a "parts truck" he will not be able to title because of VIN issues.

Never had VIN and title issues when I bought my truck but then it had a clean Kansas title and the upper front frame VIN partial matches. So no problemo there.

Are the two numbers supposed to match.....upper frame # near steering gear box and upper frame # beneath the cab which is not there?
Original Truck AM/FM
Wellington, Ks
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote