The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-25-2022, 08:43 AM   #33
mr.mud1

Re: Paint Quote - What is Reasonable?

i know paint work has gone through the roof in recent years but i'd never be able to afford $20,000 or more for paint work,i've done it myself before and i guess would again.this past year i went through paint torture,having to have my 72 truck painted...twice.once in May by a guy who didn't care and it showed.$2200.00 later and $529.00 for single stage urethane and nothing else,i had a mess to deal with.the truck was apart as far as all the trim,door glass and on and on before i dropped it off.then found another man to paint it again in October,he had a horrible job on his hands fixing somebody else's screw up but did a marvelous job but another $5500.00 and almost $800.00 in paint and supplies.i almost had a miscarriage when he told me what i owed him but i'm very happy now with his work,the care he took and i now know he treated me more than fair at $60.00 an hour.my truck is going back together now and i think looks very nice.i do have a 39 Chrysler i'm going to get back to once the truck is done,i'm terrified about what that'll cost by the time i need paint but i guess it'll be going to the man who just painted my truck,it'll cost whatever it costs i guess or i'll have to it myself,one or the other?
Attached Images

mr.mud1 is offline   Reply With Quote