The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-18-2023, 12:13 PM   #1
TX3100Guy

Vintage radio and antenna question

Many months ago, I reached out to a website that sells authentic looking vintage radios for our trucks, they are built using more current technology and features, yet look original. www.vintageautoradio.com

In the past I had installed a different brand "vintage" radio in another vehicle from RetroSound and while it is functional, I'm not totally thrilled with it.

When I originally reached out to this company, I was told that they were running months behind in shipping (pandemic related) and were taking orders to be delivered in 3-4 months or more. I was reluctant to send money today for a radio in the future, so I declined. The owner agreed to put my name on a list, when he had enough radios being shipped to him from the plant, he would reach out to see if I still wanted it. I had completely forgotten about this and had been struggling to figure out what I was going to do for a radio in the truck.

In any case, he reached out today and said he will have one ready for me in a week and did I still want it. Therefore my question(s) are:

1) Has anyone else installed a similar radio and what do you think about it? Pro's and Con's?

2) I reluctant to drill into the body of my truck for an antenna. Has anyone had any luck with the "hidden" and "powered hidden" antennas?

Thanks

My 1953 Chevy Work-In-Process Photo Gallery

"I don't have a carbon footprint, I drive everywhere."

Last edited by TX3100Guy; 02-18-2023 at 01:48 PM.
TX3100Guy is offline   Reply With Quote