The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-27-2023, 01:50 PM   #11
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
Third round? Yuck. I went 3 rounds when I sold my place in Claremont. I think the "buyers' were still looking and just wanted to lock in my place in case they didn't find another. They'd write a check but it was refundable so they had nothing to lose. Just a waste of my time and patience.

When we sold our house in San Dimas my wife had inherited it. Escrow wanted the death certificate of her stepfather. And a copy of the will.(sigh)
The guy has been dead for 10 years. She’s owned it for 10 years. Paid the taxes for 10 years. It’s in her name. Are you kidding me?

Nope. They need the paperwork or the deal falls through. What a bunch of
She always makes fun of me for using my old filing cabinet when I can just file things on the computer. She calls me a dinosaur and things like that. But when she looked for the documents. Guess what? They weren’t there. Everything else was but not them.

So. This old dinosaur went to his outdated obsolete dusty file cabinet and mercy me what did I find. That’s right. Somebody with their old antiquated ways just saved the day.

That’s why I hate escrow. When she sent the documents they said that they didn’t need them after all.
Thank you sir may I have another.

Let me know if you camp out. I'll bring the marshmallows and weenies... and a couple shotguns. We can tell scary stories.
Shotguns are kind of lumpy to sleep on, right? It's carpeted and I have a Thermarest camping foam pad that self inflates. That thing saved my back on many back packing outings with the Scouts, believe me.

Shotguns would be the firearm of choice; load them up with rock salt. There's a stove but no fridge or anything else. No internet, but if I have to stay there, I'd order it up. It is move-in ready. Just make sure those hot dogs are fresh.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote