The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-2023, 03:08 PM   #1
Brownsquare

Floor shifter for Saginaw 3-speed '87.

Hello all. I'm in the process of getting my '87 ready for summer. I'm 3/4 of the way through new cab mounts (had to drill out every stinkin' bolt but one!) and am installing a new clutch, pressure plate, and flywheel. I re-sealed the Saginaw 3-speed so it should be ready to go. Only thing is I have had ZERO luck finding missing linkage components for the 3-speed column shift.

At this point I've pretty much given up and resigned myself to cutting a hole and going with a floor shifter. Here's the thing: I'm trying to do it on a budget and don't want to spend $500 on a Hurst Mastershift for a trans I might not keep in the truck (I want to keep it a stick but might eventually go with a 4 or 5 speed).

I've been looking on FB marketplace and have found quite a few factory 'ITM' shifters for Camaros/Firebirds with all linkage for $100 or less. That's more budget friendly. Has anyone on here used one of these? Should I go for it or run from it?

Curious to know what you guys recommend for other options? Thank you! -Marc.
Brownsquare is offline   Reply With Quote