The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-13-2023, 03:13 PM   #1
TX3100Guy

Jigsaw puzzle - Grille

Keep in mind that when I acquired this truck, both the front fenders, inner fenders, and the grille parts were loaded in the bed of the truck. I've never seen them on (or taken them off myself).

Now I'm in the process of putting it mostly back together. I had re-installed the inner fenders and had test fit the grille and the lower grille section that mounts to both sides of the radiator support. I began to wonder how I was going to attach the grille to the hood latch section that mounts to the top of the radiator support and to the lower section of the grille/radiator support.

As luck would have it, I had to take it all apart and remove the inner fender on the drivers side. Why you ask? It seems that I forgot to leave the engine with the number one cylinder at TDC before I reinstalled the magneto that this truck came with. As a result, I was forced to remove all those body sections and the Vintage Air compressor and remove the radiator so that I could get to the crank pulley to crank the engine to #1 TDC.

Now that I have all these parts laying on the shop floor, I'm wondering what the correct way to attach the grille to the upper and lower sections that are bolted to the radiator support. Also it seems that the outer fenders mount to the body sides using the same captive nuts as the inner fenders. Is that the case?

Name:  IMG_3946.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  90.9 KB

Name:  Screenshot 2023-05-13 at 2.09.03 PM.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  111.2 KB

Name:  IMG_3948.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  90.6 KB

Name:  IMG_3949.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  113.1 KB