The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-10-2023, 10:03 PM   #11
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: My Dusty 71 GMCe Electruck

so back to that transmission oil top off which I have been avoiding doing, and here's why

Lexus claims for this to be a Maintenance Free Transmission (pronounced: good for 100k miles before you have to do anything to it) I recall this being attempted by automobile manufacturers in the past and it just takes simple tasks like checking the fluid levels and or topping off the fluid and makes them impossible to do later!

For instance this transmission does not have a dip stick, [unless you consider it's owner] and what appears to be metal dip stick tube, is actually an inlet for the coolant aka water cooling. and the best thing about that tube is that it is joined to the pressed in actual inlet on the body of the trans with a flexible rubber hose, so you can easily remove it / delete it as it is almost guaranteed it will interfere with the firewall in your conversion vehicle, and then you just run a rubber hose directly to that short stub on the transmission

Second, this transmission does not have a filler hole. That's right there is no unscrew this bolt and pour some delicious trans fluid in.
Attached Images

Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote