The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-16-2023, 07:49 AM   #9
special-K
Special Order

Re: My Facetruck thread.

i thought I saw a post by you on a FB group, Larry. The K/20 pictured was Dark Olive Poly w./white top '72 clean as a whistle. I saw it wasn't you sitting in it and it had Custom fender emblems. Low mileage and all original. Someone commented on the bumper guards being different. I posted the guards were 67-70 style and that it was a very nicely optioned Custom, having upper & lower side trim, chrome hubcaps & bumpers. It also had deluxe side markers which I also prefer. I said how I love a highly optioned Custom or Custom Deluxe more than a Cheyenne. I made the mistake of posting w/o blowing pictures up first and it looked like it had the brightwork window trim. So I asked if he had added that. The guy came back all synical saying "It's nice to finally meet an expert" and defended the truck's originality, one repaint, and said it even had the rubber floor mat. I blew the picture up and saw it had the proper Custom window detail. I said I would never call myself an expert but if he talked to me a while he might think I was and corrected myself on the window trim. But I also said it's actually a rubber floor covering, not a mat, mats are removeable. Next thing I know he shut comments down. I had complimented the truck followed by simple questions and the guy got bent out of shape. I love the truck and wanted to talk about it, but apparently there is only room for one expert in that town

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 07-16-2023 at 12:29 PM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote