The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-24-2023, 08:00 AM   #1
前l Flossie

Very Stiff Ride

I have an 81 short bed that i've dropped 5/6 and the ride is so stiff i cringe each time i see any uneven pavement approaching. For the rear, flipped the axle, no C notch, stock leaf springs, and drop shocks. For the front, I have 3 inch drop spindles and 2 inch drop springs. I have an '84 with this same setup, with the difference being that on the '84 I have stock ride height shocks and stock control arms. On the '81, I have CPP tubular upper and lower control arms and 2 inch drop shocks. Same on the back, '84 has stock shocks and '81 with stiff ride has the drop shocks. For me, it seems as though my common denominator is the drop shocks that may be causing the stiffness. Would like to get others opinions and experiences please. Thanks.

**Also, I have removed the factory bump stops in the front and the rear. The rear has the pancake bump stops, and the front has bump stops that came with the tubular control arms.
前l Flossie is offline   Reply With Quote