The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-01-2023, 06:28 PM   #1
spudder

'71 Truck, in storage for 35+ years.

I have a history with this truck going clear back to December of 1986. A friend and I went to Arkansas looking for short bed trucks and parts. Driving down US 67 headed toward Little Rock, we saw a truck on the Chevy dealer's lot (Teague Chevrolet) in Walnut Ridge. We stopped and found this truck, a '71 Custom deluxe with 65,000 miles. My friend bought the truck, drove it home and started tinkering with it. He lost interest in it and put it away in his machine shed where it sat for 30 plus years. Ron died in 2011 and his son kept the truck but moved it to another building, where it sat until today.
I approached him several times but he never wanted to sell it. Last December, I talked to him again and we finally worked out a deal. Today we got it out of storage and I'll start the process of getting it back on the road.
Ron added a Highlander seat, tilt column, factory AC, some Cheyenne Super trim and cruise control. There are few things missing.......we've determined someone got in the Quonset hut and stole some parts that we know were on the truck.

A red letter day for me...at 74, I'm like a kid at Christmas. I have a new toy!
Attached Images

spudder is offline   Reply With Quote