The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-24-2023, 04:40 PM   #1
thenewminator

Hunting online for pics and videos of my truck at events.....

...please tell me I'm not the only one that does this lol. Here's the skinny, my 93 Seirra isn't the cleanest, nicest, most badass ride out there..but I think it holds its own well enough among average trucks. Anyhow...even though I know I wont be snagging awards or accolades, I love that after trying for 3 decades that I can FINALLY participate in car/truck shows. Having said that I have made the time to attend as many events as possible, no matter how minor. Last year the wife and I made the short trip down to Columbus for the Goodguys show. This past July we made the trip down to TN for the SETN. So....having said that one of my favorite things to do after participating in such large, highly covered events, is to hunt online for any evidence that my truck was there. The suspense is thrilling, and spotting my truck is even more exciting! Obviously what I hope for the most is that someone with any media outlet will purposely focus on my truck...hasn't happened just yet. I've happily settled for "accidental" and "random" coverage of my truck in the background, or even better, in the foreground.

Seriously though I get almost obsessive about it. Spending hours and hours over the course of days...up to weeks watching every youtube video related to the event hoping to spot my truck. I assimilate it to the life long fantasy of building a vehicle worthy of a feature in a major magazine, or even a small snap shot. Along with combing through videos and pics online, when any magazine I subscribe to arrives I immediately turn to the published photos of whichever event I attended with bated breath and fingers crossed...only to be dummed(so far). However I am pleased to say that I've had the good fortune of catching at least a glimpse of my truck in a few videos from the Goodguys show last year. Additionally, just days after returning from SETN in TN you can clearly see my blue and silver 93 long bed driving in the background from right to left just minutes into the day 2 video posted by Yeah Buddy Garage (the guy with the Indy Pace Truck OBS dually, among other super cool trucks featured on his channel). Then... just this morning...the virtual mother load, if you will, I discovered in a total of three more videos posted by lesser known folks that I had not fully watched yet..full blown pass side view of my truck, with my Mongoose bmx bike on display right next to it as each of them walked by!! That totally made my week

Returning back to the original point of this thread, please tell me some of you do the same lol. If so please share if you would like. Maybe you have pics or video posted online or in a magazine taken by random strangers. I attached a pic of my truck I took while parked at SETN 2023. Maybe some of you will recognize it.

Another side note to a very much related subject. While attending shows I snap dozens of pics for my own collection on my computer. If you have any pics of your ride at a major show please share...its always possible that I took a pic of it.
Attached Images