The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-11-2023, 07:53 AM   #1
samert111

Front disc brake conversion questions.

I'm looking at the CPP front disc conversion kit 6370SWBK-6OE-S from Summit for my 68 C10 with power drum brakes with the dual reservoir MC that has equal sized reservoirs.

After talking to Summit sales support about MC and proportioning valve (PV) needed for the conversion, I was told I only needed to change the PV and my current MC would work. Well, every front disc dual reservoir MC I've seen, the front disc side is larger to hold more fluid. When I questioned this, he said it would be fine.

In the Summit Q&A section for this kit I've read that these are all basically 71 to 75 C10 components. So. I went to the RockAuto site and looked up a MC for a 71 C10 and they all have the larger front reservoir for the front disc brakes.

My question to you folks is, those you that have done this conversion were you able use your original MC or replaced it with one with the larger front reservoir for the front disc brakes?

Secondly, the PV recommended has the extra outlet port to run a separate line to each front wheel. Again, in the FAQ's I've read that some have just blocked off one of the front outlet ports and kept the single line to the original tee then splitting off to each side. Anyone done it this way or is it best to run 2 separate lines?

Lastly, has anyone installed this kit and could you tell me the dimension from spindle centerline to outer edge of caliper for wheel clearance. I have aftermarket 15" wheels and would like to know if the caliper will clear the wheel ID.
samert111 is offline   Reply With Quote