The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-23-2023, 12:57 PM   #1
vardenafil

future proofing cooling issues

hi guys. happy turkey day! I have a stock 350 sbc in my a/c truck. it overheats in city traffic but not on the highway. i read that on the forums that would be a fan flow issue not radiator issue. i replaced the thermostat w/ a high flow 180 stat last week. i have a severe duty clutch fan coming in sometime after the holidays. i dont know if that will solve the issue though since the current clutch fan looks brand new. hopefully that will take care of me for awhile. my truck is currently the stock 170 horsepower truck. eventually i want to buy a complete torquer kit from summit or the likes to get it close to 270 horsepower. where i live it gets up to 120 degrees several times a year. we are over 100+ degrees almost half the year. so i need to future proof my cooling needs. I was thinking about replacing the radiator now seeing how the radiator looks stock? would a new 4 core stock radiator suffice? Do i need to go aluminum? or can/should i drop in a longer radiator such as a bbc 454 radiator to help cool?
vardenafil is offline   Reply With Quote