The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-08-2023, 10:27 PM   #10
Getter-Done

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
Wasn't today but last week. Not really able to use computer since then, now just a bit until it becomes too sore. Plenty of people have gone through way worse things than this, but for me this was my first time in the hospital except maybe getting a couple stitches when I was a kid.

Been fighting neck, shoulder, and arm issues for a long time. Finally after months of Dr this, Dr that, I was able to get started on feeling better. I had issues with 4-7 out of whack in my neck. Some major pressing on my spinal cord. Dr did some drilling and grinding. Now I have a bunch of screws in there along with a new kind of cage. Tons of people in the operating room. Even the rep that sells the cage was there, so he could see it in action I guess. Five hours later ... done.

I have to wear this huge neck brace for 6 weeks. Can only take it off when showering and eating. (eating is no solids yet), even have to wear it to bed, which is super uncomfortable since Ive never been able to sleep on my back. No driving either. Next its PT, and from the feel of things so far I may have to have more work on my shoulder. What really sucks is this is all on my right side, and I'm right handed.

Pic of my neck brace and my neck slash
CG

I am Prayerfully for a Speedy recovery.

When I worked at That Auto-Factory several years ago.

I had to learn to be ambidextrous Real Quick.

Morning Prayer list includes you now.

63 Impala (my high school car)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...Crew Cab Build
Getter-Done is offline   Reply With Quote