The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-21-2004, 12:09 AM   #1
GMCGRANDS

Bill Turner crossmember owners (How Many?)

Since the crossmember thread seems to be slow I was curious How many of us have Bill Turner crossmembers and parts? How many still need componets. how many have given up, and does anyone have one on the road?

I have a Turner 1.5" dropped crossmember, upper and lower A-arms, power rack, motor mounts, shock relocators,etc. The one I have is set up for air bags. I ordered it set up for dropped coils! The lower a-arms showed up long after I recieved the cross member and have flat plates for air bags. The rack to tie rod adapters I have are the wrong thread size on the tie rod end. Like most of the rest of you I have sent-e-mails and called daily to get what i have now. I would eventually get Bill about every three months(this project has streached well over a year now). Bill sent me his latest set-up about last april. You can see pictures under Fastbagged68,s post "Who would want a crossmember to lay out on 20"s". It not much better. The fabrication and welds look great but the engineering and fit stink. I have been reworking it ever since. I have watched the crossmeber thread since the begining but decided it was time to quit lurking and see how many others like me are out here. Let us know what you have, what issues you have, and what parts you need. Maybe we can help each other or do something to the rat.

05' GMC Sierra Denali LQ9
GMCGRANDS is offline   Reply With Quote