The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-23-2004, 09:15 PM   #1
Bleach
this guy

My 4WD SWB started out life as a 2WD LWB... it was a pleasent suprise today.

So I am taking apart my truck a little at a time so I can start really working on it and killing the rust....I got under it to take out some bolts and I started checking out my frame. When I bought this truck I didn't really know what I was looking at (thanks to the board I know much more).....You guys remember how my 69 had the bed from a 67 (as it has no rear sidemarkers)..well, my frame was CUT once upon a time. I don't think it was done so well either! It is welded in and around the cut, but also there are two pieces of metal that they welded to the front and back pieces of the frame......I was mildly upset..

To make things better......I pulled up the carpet.....there is a hole that was cut out of the floor with snips to let the transfer case handle up through the floor....it is ugly......the dang truck was a 2WD, and someone changed it to a 4WD....

So, lets recap....it was a 69 2WD LWB..and someone made it into a 4WD SWB...other than what I have mentioned, what else can I look forward too? I paid 4K for this thing, and I thought it was worth it at first because of the restoration value....so what does this do the value now? Did I pay too much? If it is worthless, I will go talk to the guy I bought it from (whom I think is completely unaware of what has happened, he is about the 5th owner in 6 years.....long story but it was never driven).

I'm going back to drink some more delecious beer. I'll check you guys out later.

Thanks.