The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-20-2024, 01:51 PM   #11
LT7A

Re: Random Photos ‘You took’

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
that's the way to do it!

we got married in the courthouse for about $75 and a few taxes and certificate printing fees.

I did splurge on her ring however we both chuckled, it's good for several mortgage payments if we fell on hard times.

after wedding had hotdogs at 7-11 and met some friends at the house we were buying to clean out all the previous renters garbage.

house exceeded appraisal while we were on an abbreviated honeymoon that weekend in yosemite.

retired from the Navy July 1st.

got married, bought a house, and retired from Navy all in about a month's span.

today we have zero debt, roughly $750k home equity, above average savings, and great pensions to look forward to.

I'll be fully retired (1yr 8mo 1wk 2da 11hr) drawing pension at 55 and she'll be 45.

five years later she'll be 50 and start drawing her pension and I'll be 60 drawing my .mil pension

we made a lot of sacrifices up front to get here but sure glad we did now looking back.

all started with meeting a practical woman with good financial sense that shared my ideas and goals.

we couldn't be happier the way things are turning out considering we really did start with close to nothing.

now don't anyone go tellin' Mrs. Bee all that or it might go to her head

That's a job well done man. Not that marriage is a job... but I'm sure you know what I mean.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote