The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-25-2004, 12:04 AM   #1
gonebad2
Merciless Butcher

Stripped The Paint....Bad News

These are pics of the left bedside for my Son's 67 short fleet. When I bought the truck I looked it over but not real close. My Son started stripping the paint while I was at work. I was amazed at the amount of filler that was on this thing. On the back part of the bed, it was over 1/2" thick in some spots and it covered almost the entire rear portion of the bedside. The body damage wasn't that bad. I think it was that thick because the dent was "oilcanning". If you barely touched it, it would move in and stay that way. I pulled the dent out then applied a little heat and shrunk it back into shape. The filler in that area should be minimal now. Today he stripped the front portion of the bed and found four 1/2" diameter holes that were drilled. As you can see in the pic, there is a pattern to the holes. I have no idea what someone would mount to the bedside??? They were filled with bondo. I am so tired of messing with this side....I think I will make a call and order a new bedside. Anyone have experiences with the ones that are being re-popped? This truck already has new Tri-Plus and Goodmark panels ( hood, fenders, front bed panel, tailgate ). Just wondering about the quality of the bedsides?
Attached Images