The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-04-2024, 07:55 PM   #4
canadaboy25

Re: 82 K2500 6.2 Diesel Air Conditioning Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Parrot View Post
Might check over on the Steel Soldiers site. There is a forum there dedicated to the CUCV, which was in the basic form, an 84 K30 with 6.2 and a 24V starting system. There was also a Blazer version as well.

https://www.steelsoldiers.com/forums/cucv.47/

I have seen more then one thread on adding AC as the military version was heat only.
That is a good idea. I will check it out. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwmech View Post
Sounds like you reversed the lines on the compressor.
It isn't really possible to do so on the R4 since the lines are a 1-piece block that bolts to the back. And either way, the large line is suction and the small line is pressure, and they are hooked up properly.

Yesterday I took the truck for a 2 hr trip for the first time after installing the new compressor, and the AC kind of worked.

It was about 23°C outside and I was getting 11°C from the vents at highway speed. However, as soon as I slowed down, the air coming from the vents was just ambient temperature. Today I made the same 2 hr trip with 26° outside temp, and the lowest temp from the vents was 14°C. These were pretty cool days, so not a good test for AC. But the cooling disappearing completely when slowing down is clearly an issue.

The condenser is perfectly clean and the fins are straight. But it does not cool at all at low speed. The truck runs at quite high RPM on the highway, so I am wondering if the new compressor is weak and the extra RPMs get it to start making pressure.
canadaboy25 is offline   Reply With Quote