The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Today, 06:26 PM   #1
PbFut

First Outing

She fired right up, but the throttle bodies need some sync work. Once off idle it smooths out and AFR settles in nicely. When the plates are closed for idle, the sync becomes way more critical. A couple cylinders are to far closed and that jacks with the AFR which in turn confuses the computer and I get a 11 to 1 rich idle. For an off the shelf ECU and tune, FiTech is impressive technology. Think the venturi are a bit oversized. It's all in with vey little left after 1/2 throttle. I am going to experiment with different diameter stacks. Or maybe a eccentric throttle cable wheel. This is my first attempt with ITB on a 1st gen street engine. I had to add a few ports for sensors and additional vacuum lines and work out a remote idle control motor. Been a fun project as long as I remained true to my original expectations regarding Speedmaster. Their stuff is absolute crap but I got it at a super discount so I did not have high hopes. Many parts do not fit, and you have to add or modify things to make the parts work together correctly. But it looks cool.
Attached Images

PbFut is offline   Reply With Quote