The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Yesterday, 12:42 PM   #1
chevpwr350

Trying to track down my old 1970 C/10

Hello everyone, I got on this website years ago when I got my 1970 C/10 as a gift from my dad when I was 16. He had it sitting in the backyard for years, got it for free for helping clean up a friend's property that it was sitting in. It was a pretty big project, but we worked on it for a couple of years on weekends until my senior year of high school. That's when I got to drive it to school every day. I loved that truck, but with it being 2010 gas was on everyone's mind and my dad didn't want to send me to college in truck that got 7mpg on a good day. I was spending half my paychecks on gas just getting around town. A week after I graduated he started bugging me to sell it and he'd help me get a vehicle that didn't waste as much gas.

He finally convinced me to sell it one day, and I posted it on Craigslist that night. Not 30 minutes after I posted it my phone was ringing and an hour later we made a deal. The guy was honest and said he was taking it to Southern California to flip it at a car show that weekend.

I miss that truck all the time. I think about it at least once a week. I've dreamed of finding that truck for years. Now that I'm older and have a decent job, I've started going down the route of tracking this thing down. I have the VIN and plate number on an old registration receipt that I kept for future reference. I've tried a few websites, but with it being a 10 digit VIN a lot of services are saying it's invalid, or I can only search cars made after 1980 with a 17 digit VIN. I tried the CA DMV website as well, but I can't seem to locate a form to fill out.

Does anyone know of a way that I can start tracking down this truck? I live in California and I'm 90% sure the truck hasn't left, but I may be wrong. I'd be willing to pay for this information if necessary. Thank you guys!

Last edited by chevpwr350; Yesterday at 12:45 PM. Reason: clarification
chevpwr350 is offline   Reply With Quote