The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-26-2004, 08:38 PM   #1
Tx Firefighter
Watch out for your cornhole !

Am I the only "Hot Rodder" here?

I spend a lot of time on this board, and I have come to a conclusion....

It seems like me and Ratrod67 are the only guys on here building Hot Rods. I don't mean fast trucks, because there are plenty here. I don't mean heavily modified trucks either, because we have plenty of those too.

Ratrod is doing flat black primer, stock wheels with dog dish hub caps, and a mean little small block with period corrct parts on it.

Myself, it's Cragar SS wheels, Clay Smith cam sticker, big block with two 4 barrels, tach on the steering column, etc...

We're going for the gritty non refined, rough around the edges, fast trucks. Carburetors, vintage engine dress up parts, old school wheels, just like I saw running around town around 1977 to 1985. I'm building the truck that my high school heros drove while I was messing with Volkswagens because I was dirt poor.

Is there anybody else out there? I'm interested in old school trucks only, not your other projects. I don't want to waste Josh's server space with pictures of O/T projects. Hell, I'm building a gasser and a V8 S-10 right now too, but it's not appropriate for here.

Let me see a show of hands (and pictures too) of your old school flavored hot rod trucks.