The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-01-2004, 01:26 PM   #17
KShortell

Well, she's not a museum piece and gets used as what I call a "semi-daily" driver. It gets driven to work on occasion, but never in salt these days. It sees regular duty as a tow vehicle. Until 1997 or 98, it was the only vehicle I had. It was around that time that I bought a "salt car". Now that I'm back out of the "salt belt", I traded up from a "salt car" to a Jeep as a second vehicle. It sees use as the daily driver. I must admit that Jeeps are loads of fun!

For security, the keyless entry system has an integrated starter interrupt that kills the starter unless unlocked with the keyless entry system. This was an easy installation since the truck came with factory power door locks. Added security comes from not living in an urban environment, a good neighborhood watch, a Shepherd X security system named Sandy (grrr!), and from the Suburban body style itself. The 6-CD player is a stealth installation and out of sight. I still have the '86 factory stereo in it even...

I do take the truck up to the All-GM Nationals every year. She still shines up pretty well... (June 2003)

See, it actually hauls more than groceries... (May 2004)

In tow duty (photo from a few years back)...

The new toy (a.k.a. "early mid-life crisis-mobile")...

Last edited by KShortell; 09-01-2004 at 02:42 PM.
KShortell is offline   Reply With Quote