The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-01-2004, 09:32 PM   #1
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

Need assistance with engine numbers

I never have been able to use that www.nastyz28.com page for engine ID...I just spend 30 min looking for mu numbers here and all I did was raise my blood pressure.
So here goes...I need some one to tell me what they can about this engine. This is everything I know about it.
It says 5.7 on the bellhousing, but the other numbers are gone due to flaking rust.
One Piece rear main, passenger side dip stick. So this all tells me it is a later model engine.

It has old style heads...482824 casting. Are these any good?

Factory 4 bbl alluminum intake...I can get numbers off of it if there is a chance it is valuable. The dude who owns it could use some good luck like that.

On the machined pad behinde the alt it has VO203PKP stamped in it, then directly under that, in smaller print, it has CJJ119085 stampd into the pad too.

The engine looks like it has always been orange...I was scraping it and I found no blue nor black paint under the orange and grime. The Valve covers were factory style with the BF Goodwrench 350 stickers on them...but I think the covers were just tossed onto the motor at one point. But the seller did claim that he was told that is is supposed to be a replacement engine.

So can anyone help here?
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote