The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-04-2004, 05:14 PM   #1
utfan15

funny story, luck is on my side.

When my dad past away his last project was a 1967 chevy stepside and he left it to me to finish. Sort of the last father and son project. Well this truck has some luck on it side. For starters the motor in it is a 1969 302, yes the same motor that came out of the 1969 camaro, dad bought it from a guy who thought it was a junk 283, dad paid $100. We took it to a mechanic friend, and he couldn't believe his eyes. Also the bed, well stepside beds in the south are hard to find, especially in good shape, i took the original bed to get it sandblasted, and they warped the heck out of it. So the search was on. Well i found one 3 months later from a guy a 100 miles away, it was in awesome shape, just like it came from the factory, i bought it for $300.

Well with a divorce and all that goes with it, (owe nothing to the cheating hefer, thank God) i finally started back on the truck. I have been pricing disc brake kits for this truck and been dreeding the $800 to convert it. I was going to move this truck around in my shop and with out the motor wired up, i had to push it. Then i noticed my front driver side wheel was locked up, typical of drum brakes, so i thought. When i took off the wheel to lose it, to my suprise, my dad or someone else already converted it to a later model disc brakes. I was soooooo glad, know looks like the air bag project for this truck is going to be ahead of schedule. My dad is looking out for this old truck, and it will be one bad boy when finished. Thought i would share this with you guys.
utfan15 is offline   Reply With Quote