The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-07-2004, 11:21 PM   #1
sactoC10
71 DELUX

Unhappy gets hot (warm?) and dies, HELP!!!

My truck left me stranded in front of my ex's house tonight when I dropped off my son after soccer practice. I was NOT interested in having her or her new husband come out to assist (feeling a bit awkward at this point for sure). It was so bad, I pushed the truck in front of the next door neighbor's house just to get out of view!

So anyway, I've now had this truck for a year and this has been consistent. After a 30 mins or so of stop and go driving, or sitting idle for 10-15 minutes it just puts out slowly and dies. It hesitates from a stop and feels as if it is getting flooded, yet it does not smell like gas at all.

What is going on with my truck? Too much fuel, not enough fuel? Air problem? Only thing I've really changed since getting it is the open air filter. Please advise... I love my kids, but don't need to spend any extra time in front of my ex wife's house again!
sactoC10 is offline   Reply With Quote