The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-09-2004, 04:25 PM   #1
redz 1970 K5
OBS guy

My 71 K5 coming up for sale...again! (update- fire sale $4700)

First time around I regretted selling it. Second time around I am SURE I will regret it too.

We have had a change of life so to speak, and I just can't justify keeping this as I move my family up to SLC in a month. I have a few vehicles, and I will have to do consolidation for a) logistics and b) extra $$$ for down payment.

Will I get another Blazer? You bet! Will I regret selling this? Yes I will, I am sure.

Anyways, here are the details-

I found this truck in Utah; The PO was taking advanced auto body at a tech school, and this truck was the subject of the auto body work.

Body-

ALL RUSTED panels were removed. Rockers were replaced, fenders were replaced, rear quarters were replaced, bed panels were replaced, and more. The work is not restoration quality, but VERY presentable and very nice. Ruster sections of the rocker boxes were removed and have not been replaced. The truck has a custom rear rollpan and tailgate skin. The frame and underside are in good shape.

Drivetrain Particulars-

Non #'s matching 350 with rebuild before my purchase. Runs great. Carter AFB, Edelbrock Intake, new water pump, new radiator, new alternator, new battery, new voltage regulator. TH350/NP205/12 bolt rear/D44 front/open 3.73's. I just flushed all drivetrain fluids and refilled with best fluids available.

Suspension-

4" Springs front/rear, brand new RS5000's all around, 33x12.50R15's with 80% of tread or greater, 15x10 ARE Gambler wheels

Misc-

Headlights work, tailights work, turn signals work, Pioneer CD head unit with NICE outdoor speakers. 6 1/2" in doors and 6x9" in custom box under back seat. Grant wheel, custom center console, double wall top. Roll in 'rhino' type lining applied to entire interior.

Needs-

Heater is not hooked up. I live in SoCal and it has never been an issue here. It might work, it might not, not sure.

Needs E-Brake hooked up.

Needs and must have new body mounts. OEM's are shot.

This guy is a little rough, no lies here, but it is in VERY good and presentable shape. I would give it a 7/10, with 1 being a backyard rust bucket and 10 being new. It runs great, has a lot of power, shifts great, and is ready for offroading or restoration if you are.

I am looking for $6,800 for it.

Please peruse the pictures, feel free to comment, and let's see if we can make a deal!

Last edited by redz 1970 K5; 11-22-2004 at 05:49 PM. Reason: price change...
redz 1970 K5 is offline   Reply With Quote