The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-20-2004, 09:46 PM   #1
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

lets play the number game....again

Picked up my 350 yesterday, now it is time to tace the origins of it. Can y'all hook me up? I still have absolutly no luck with this crap. I remember some one told me to call some one up, but I can't remember whom to call, nor do I have a number.
On the pad up front on the passenger side... 1M0528 And directly under that one is 6VP
Then on the bellhousing, hecho en Mexico...I know what that means... then under that 10066036
I know it is a 4 bolt main, newer (painted black, passenger dipstick) casting, Pretty sure it is a 350...I don't think anything else came in 4 bolt in the later engines...or was there a 4 bolt 305?
The heads, are also hecho en Mexico...scalloped lower edge, so I know they are a light weight casting...the intake looks pretty friggen huge, and I was told it was 2.02...but they may well be 1.94's...my eyes haven't been calibrated lately. The head number was hard to make out....969...968....or 369. I think the last one is correct, but I am not 100% sure.
Anyone have anything for me?

I'm going to put new rod/main bearings, hone it out, new rings a good cleaning....debating on a cam or not....trying to go low buck here, and it just isn't adding up to low buck. The bore has absolutly no ridge in it at all.

Last edited by Longhorn Man; 10-19-2004 at 09:32 PM.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote