The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-04-2004, 08:16 PM   #1
rolson1039

this week ill start the what did you get done thread??

this was a horrible saturday for working on vehicles but on the 76 i managed to pull out the transmission and standard transmission linkages and such. My sons school is going to take it off my hands so they can teach the kids how to rebuild standard transmissions, and show them how the set up works. It was time for a new clutch and pressure plate and the truck when it was on the road last over a year ago had the throw out bearing singing , but we are just going to convert it to an automatic trans. Once i got the trans out my son and i supported the motor and cranked it over again so it would run and we ran it a few minutes just so we remembered why we started this whole mess in the first place.
As to the 1986, we finally got around to swapping out the inner wheel wells so the old rotted ones are long gone and the new aftermarkets are installed all nicely painted up ( one of my misguided ricer buddies was rebuilding a honda civic and he got me started on the metallic black paint on the engine compartment) with metallic black paint and a couple of coats of clear. We also painted up the battery tray and the core support, and sprayed rubberized undercoat on the firewall so it looks pretty good. Now i need to paint the chassis rails as they look kinda crappy with the rest of the motor compartment looking so nice.
During the week im going to try to get to the wrecking yard so i can get the interior pieces i want and hopefully ill find a way to get the transmission pieces i need for the 76 so that can get to be more than a glorified lawn ornament.
This week i also will take apart my 81-87 automatic column and convert it to work in my 76 truck by switching over some of the pieces for the turn signals etc.
now how about yall?