The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-14-2004, 09:01 PM   #1
nu2-72

Rough Country - Idiots or No

I just recieved my lift from Rough Country. It was to be a 4" all spring lift. First they told me that they have a glossy black finish. "The best in the industry."
That may be if they were shipped neatly, but these were shipped completely unwrapped. No paper, no boxes, no protection at all. You can imagine the condition after UPS slung them around the country. Rough Country at that. The finish is nothing to brag about anyway.
Then I recieved rounded u-bolts for the front and squared bolts for the rear. The box for the rear states, "universal rear bolts."
When I called Rough Country, the tech dude says, "69 to 72 trucks take square bolts on the front axle." "You have a 10 bolt up there."
I replied, "No, I have a Dana 44 8 lug 3/4 ton axle up there. It takes the rounded bolts and three are short and one is longer for the diff. housing."
He said someone changed my front end. It should be a 6 lug, 10 bolt.
Then he tells me that the rear could be either round or square. "Do you know how easy it would be to put an 1985 10 bolt in there?"
I do not think they know these trucks at all.
I hope that I am just an isolated case. But beware. Ask lots of questions if you order from them. Davy was my salesman. Maybe someone else is better.
Guess I am headed to the local shop to get my u-bolts.
2006 Duramax Crew cab 4x4
2010 Harley Ultra Limited
2011 Harley Street Glide
nu2-72 is offline   Reply With Quote