The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-29-2004, 12:40 PM   #1
GreyHoundSteve

TPI harness question

I have an older 350 2 bolt carb motor in my truck now but was wanting to make the leap to fi and like the tpi set up. I havent decided if i am going to replace the entire motor yet (86 + vett) or just buy a tpi set up and put it on my existing motor until i build a better one and then swap the tpi over to it.

My question is about the harnesses. EVERYONE says dont buy an incomplete tpi set up or youll get nickle and dimed to death buying sensors. My question is about AFTERMARKET tpi harnesses, who makes one and does it come complete with sensors for any tpi set up?

The reason i ask is because i will more than likely go with an aftermarket tpi set up after i get my motor built but i would like to install tpi now on my current motor so i was wondering if i should just buy a 86 tpi set up with harness and sensors or if i should go with an aftermarket tpi harness and that way i have more freedom with the set up? My main factors are: do the aftermarket tpi harnesses come with a computer that can be reprogrammed, and do these harnesses come with sensors? Which set up is more easily reconfigured and more affordable in the long run?
GreyHoundSteve is offline   Reply With Quote