The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-11-2004, 02:40 PM   #1
78SilveradoSWB

Angry Nightmare on Ebay Street Post

Check out my post in general discussion

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s....php3?t=127193

1978 Chevrolet Silverado C 10
454 BB, TH400
78SilveradoSWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 02:41 PM   #2
78SilveradoSWB

How much $$ do you all think repairs to doors would be?

454 BB, TH400
Old 11-11-2004, 02:55 PM   #3
oldraven

I would have just counted those as worthless man. For the effort and cost, new doors can be had.

'87 TurboCoupe 2.3Turbo intercooled 5-spd
www.cardomain.com/id/oldraven

'93 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0L
oldraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 03:18 PM   #4
78SilveradoSWB

I got these OEM doors for $100 each and with the UPS claim I may get $100 each for the damages, which would essentially mean I got these doors for free and just only $80 in shipping. New OEM doors are about $460 each right now a GM Parts Direct.

454 BB, TH400
Old 11-11-2004, 03:26 PM   #5
75stepside
*Proud Member*

well, i'm really sorry to hear about this...

working in a law firm, i have a legal mind, i guess... you have to look at the leverage you have in this... you spoke to the guy's employer - threaten the guy (seller) that you're going to push the issue with his employer??? unfortunatly, this may be the only leverage you have yourself - you may try your state's attorney general's office... also, check ebay's forum, they have a forum for advice on stuff like this...

i hope it works out for ya... its a shame that those nice doors got trashed.

you can get 'em pulled out and fixed... it'll take some time to rub 'em out tho...
75stepside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 03:41 PM   #6
78SilveradoSWB

No threats at all. All I asked of the seller is to file the UPS damage claim, which he got negative and told me to leave him alone and he doesn't need this bullsh*t now, as his father & sister just died in a auto crash. I gave him my condolences. I wrote to the shipper of record, which turned out to be his employer. In the letter I asked for their help in filing a UPS claim as I can't being the receiver of the damaged goods. The VP of the company told me that the seller was an employee and that were not aware of the death of his immediate family, as he is still there working and has not asked for time off or bereavement funds. He also told me that they have not been reimbursed for UPS nor that they gave him permission. There is now an ongoing investigation in the matter at their end and that I should not have worry and I will be taken care of and that they have some responsibility to what have happen.

With regrets I gave the seller a negative eBay feedback and of course he immediately gave me one in return and called me a JERK and accused me of hassling him. This matter is in Square Trade mediation.

454 BB, TH400
Old 11-11-2004, 04:52 PM   #7
Greenlee

There has been a time or two that I wasn't particularly happy with a transaction, but didn't leave negative feedback because I knew I would get negative feedback in return. Overall, I have been pretty lucky with my e-bay transactions. I have about 35 transactions and 100% positive feedback. I'm sure its just a matter of time though before I run across a cheater. I'm currently waiting on some 4 wheeler parts that I paid for by check about a month ago. I sent the guy an e-mail a few days ago and haven't received a reply. So my time may be coming sooner than I thought!
Greenlee is offline   Reply With Quote