The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-01-2005, 03:36 AM   #23
rickstores69chev

Well. Good News. The gear pattern worked that TNBLAZER gave me. Also I managed to get the truck into 2 high after moving the truck back and forth at a low speed. Thanks bobalouie. The Front wheel shifter will not move. I decided to leave it alone until I get the truck to my house. I have a 35 mile drive when I go get it. This IS THE STRANGEST TRANSFER STICKs EVER. I took off a good chunk of skin trying to engage the micro levers with missing knobs. I think I will be happy to can this setup and go with the NP205. Through this all I discovered why the bottom of the engine was coated with oil. The dipstick was missing. I found a whole replacement in the back seat of the truck that someone must have tried to install. It looked like part of the dipstick was grinded away like it had hit the crank or something. I never could find the hole for the assembly to go into. Was not on the drivers side or the passenger side. So any tips, please let me know. Thanks again.
rickstores69chev is offline   Reply With Quote