The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-15-2005, 03:23 PM   #1
82c10
needin' money

where is the water coming from

I have water running down by the passenger side kick panel. Some people have told me that it is coming from under the wiper cowl. If so, where and what do I use to fix it? I am new to the message board, and this is a great site.
82c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 04:32 PM   #2
82c10
needin' money

The winshield rubber is good, it is not leaking around the heater core so i am pretty sure it ain't that , nope it doesn't smell like antifreeze.
Old 05-15-2005, 04:57 PM   #3
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

do you have air conditioning? could be condensation from that somehow finding its way in or if ya have the kick panel vents it could be leaking there
does this happen after rain or when washing the truck? or all the time ?

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 04:59 PM   #4
82c10
needin' money

it only does it after it rains, i never wash the truck but i am going to, so i don't know if it will after a good wash
Old 05-15-2005, 05:35 PM   #5
jermasaurus

Pull your carpet aside and check out if there is a hole in your firewall from a previous owner or somthing. Maybe the seal around your box for the evaporator/heater core?
(I think theres a seal there, can't think of it at the moment though)
jermasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 06:46 PM   #6
82c10
needin' money

i don't have carpet, but it isn't coming from there either.
Old 05-15-2005, 07:50 PM   #7
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

Im betting its got something to do with the heater box seal there is no holes into the cab for the wiper linkage on the right side . unless somehow ya got a rot hole somewhere which is also doubtful

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 08:46 PM   #8
82c10
needin' money

I remember hearing and reading something about it being under the wiper cowl, and at the local swap meet this past weekend, a guy also said it was somewhere under the wiper cowl to. I haven't had time to take the wiper cowl off to see where i could put some silicone but when i try to take it off it hits the hood so before i take it off i wanted to verify where it was
Old 05-15-2005, 11:01 PM   #9
Greenlee

Mine leaked under the wiper cowl area. I used a water hose to test and could see water coming in some where along the fire wall. There is some factory cauking along the seam under the cowl that was dried up and cracking. I could never tell exactly where it was leaking. However, I put some black sealant from Autozone over the entire seam a little over a year ago and it hasn't leaked at all since then.

Try re-sealing the areas where you see factory cauking and it may fix it even it you can't tell exactly where it is coming from. Good luck!
Greenlee is offline   Reply With Quote