The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-17-2005, 04:20 PM   #1
toddtheodd
The oddest Todd around

84 degrees out, so of course the window regulator breaks!

Okay,
I looked (skimmed through) in the faq, and couldn't find anything on how to change out the window regulators.
Also, I need to know how to change them when the window is stuck up. Crank will not move. I can roll the window up (to a certain point of course ) but cannot roll it down. I'll have better luck stripping out the window crank than I will of making that thing move.

Todd
"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters." Ghengis Khan

IIOY???

Last edited by toddtheodd; 05-17-2005 at 04:21 PM.
toddtheodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 08:05 PM   #2
toddtheodd
The oddest Todd around

nothing?
"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters." Ghengis Khan

IIOY???
Old 05-17-2005, 08:14 PM   #3
71-longbed
Its Magically Delicious

i feel your pain.. my driver side windows been stuck up for some time now .....i figure im going to have to cut it out to get the window down so the vent window can come out and the regulator can be changed

Of all my favorite things to do, The utmost is to have a brew.
My love grows for my foamy friend, with each thirst-quenching elbow bend.
Beer so frosty, smooth, and cold it's paradise pure liquid gold.
Yes beer means many things to me that's all for now cus I gotta pee.
71-longbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 08:18 PM   #4
JimKshortstep4x4

Talking

That is a tough one. I would try to get the regulator disconnected from the window sash. You won't be able to remove the regulator but you should be able to get it off of the sash and drop it down. Not knowing what happened to the regulator, I would suggest care as the arms are sharp. Once you get the regulator off and out of the way you should be able to push the window down. To remove the vent window assembly, remove the two bolts that hold the rear window track and push it backwards so that the window can be pushed backwards. Remove the screws holding the vent window assembly in and remove it by manuevering it up and out.

Once the vent window assembly is out you can remove the window regulator after pushing the window back to the top. Lastly you can remove the window.

Jim

Last edited by JimKshortstep4x4; 05-17-2005 at 08:20 PM.
JimKshortstep4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 08:28 PM   #5
toddtheodd
The oddest Todd around

window sash?

IIOY???
Old 05-17-2005, 09:04 PM   #6
69 longhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71-longbed
i feel your pain.. my driver side windows been stuck up for some time now .....i figure im going to have to cut it out to get the window down so the vent window can come out and the regulator can be changed
Windows,,,,WTF is that! 4 " chop top on the old longhorn got front sheild, & rear glass in the cab(I cut em both). Door glass has not happened yet(the glass fairies havent been good to me ) L
Old 05-18-2005, 07:50 AM   #7
JimKshortstep4x4

The window sash is the metal part that the glass sets in and the regulator hooks to.

Jim
JimKshortstep4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 08:26 AM   #8
toddtheodd
The oddest Todd around

So I can just cut the regulator with my sawzall where the bar comes over to the slanted piece of metal on the latch side of the door. (the slanted piece being the window sash?) That should let me lower the window right? Then after I take the vent out, the glass comes out next?

I'm going to take pictures while I do this and put it into the faq section.

Todd

IIOY???
Old 05-18-2005, 12:46 PM   #9
71-longbed
Its Magically Delicious

thanks todd ... im happy that it hasn't gotten very warm here in the Willamette Valley yet .... i definately plan to fix my window soon and i could use any and all help thats out there ... last summer was no fun with a window thats suck up and No AC

Of all my favorite things to do, The utmost is to have a brew.
My love grows for my foamy friend, with each thirst-quenching elbow bend.
Beer so frosty, smooth, and cold it's paradise pure liquid gold.
Yes beer means many things to me that's all for now cus I gotta pee.
71-longbed is offline   Reply With Quote