The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-05-2005, 02:24 AM   #1
1976K5CHALET

Trans cooler line delete to aeroquip...???

Someone here had or has a web site taht detailed part numers to ditch the steel trans cooler lines on a th350 to aeroquip style line and fittings...and my old brain can't remember who...i do remember the same person had a hell of a time doing the rear disc set-up is all i can remember. Currently have the motor out of my 79 K5 trail rig who has 7 years on a gm crate and has experienced cam bearing failure so i might as well fix this issue while everything is apart.

Doug W.
1976K5CHALET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 06:14 AM   #2
bigblock73
yeller

Here ya go Doug Mike wrote a great article, I just finished the same mod on Yeller last month.

http://www.73-87.com/7387garage/driv...anny_hoses.htm

Last edited by bigblock73; 10-05-2005 at 06:16 AM.
bigblock73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 06:24 AM   #3
87 STEPPER
STILL PLAYS WITH TRUX

Thumbs up

I belive thats swervin ervin your thinking of but the site is www.73-87.com and im not shure if that info is still up bigblock73 runs it now so he can let ya know.

In the mean time all ya need for the tranny is a pipe thread to AN i think its a 3/8NPT to AN6 or what ever size you want to run but i wouldn't go bigger than a 6 and for the trans cooler well that depends on what cooler you have the one i got was Mfg. with AN6 fittings allready on it.

MY 87 STEPPER

MY 99 2D/WD TAHOE
87 STEPPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 11:19 AM   #4
86 GMG

wow thats beautiful very neat and organized engine compartment to expensive for me though
Old 10-08-2005, 11:27 PM   #5
1976K5CHALET

Thanx guys. Cut out the old lines today. Also managed to get the motor back in and alot of the stuff hooked up before the creepy cruds forced me back inside to the coach so the bathroom was only a few feet away. My 79 K5 has been the daily driver for countless years but after the front locker died 2 years back at Easter jeep Safari i decided to park her until some upgrades were done and some repairs done that were long in coming. First i converted the rear tailgate to manual...then it was on to the 3 year old issue of 15 psi of oil psi all the time. Rods and mains looked good for a 6 year old gm crate but i went ahead and pulled the heads and the cam and found the culprit. Cam bearings. So new cam bearings..bottle brushed the cylinders...new crank and bearings...rings...87 up heads and a true tbi cam and we are allmost back in buisness. Still gotta s--- a 87 RS exhaust manifold as the spreader uncovered the crack. After she is running it will be time to find some 15 stock steelies and a set of used low pro as i can find tires to get it in the garage so i can do front springs...x-over steering...front arb and a few other minor things like a battery draw and install the CUCV winter kit i've had for 3 years now....little bit at a time and i'll get her done!

Doug W.
1976K5CHALET is offline   Reply With Quote